PT Numada is a consulting company based in Jakarta, Indonesia, established as a foreign investment company (PMA) under approval and licensing of the Indonesian Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM). Its primary fields of consulting are project management, project and corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and management and policy consulting. It operates primarily in the energy, mining, heavy industry and agribusiness sectors.
In finance and M&A, Numada’s principals and experts have extensive experience representing both foreign and domestic clients in financial and corporate transactions involving both Indonesian and multinational entities. Tom Shreve, Numada’s CEO, managed transactions for the sale of Bank Niaga by the Indonesian Government in 2004, the domestic takeover of the eastern Jakarta water concession from Thames Water in 2007, the international debt financing for the acquisition of Berau Coal in 2010, and the acquisition of Inter Football Club of Milan by an Indonesian consortium in 2013.
In project management, Numada’s local knowledge facilitates advising not only on activities and processes, such as licensing and land acquisition, which are different in Indonesia than in other countries, but also on the procurement of additional services outside of our scope of engagement, such as EPC contractors and design engineers in the project management area, and lawyers and bankers in the finance and transactional area. Its role is complementary to international consulting engineering firms and international investment banks. It can fill the role of in-house staff in major projects and initiatives when the client is still building its team or is engaged in new activities in which it does not yet have sufficient experience on the ground.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Development Stage and Construction Stage Project Finance
- Project Management
- Capital Markets and Other Fundraising
- Strategic Project Development Advice
- Feasibility and Pre-Feasibility Studies
- Policy Consulting Advice on Local Conditions
- Due Diligence Exercises
- Expert Witness Services
Examples of Recent and Ongoing Projects
- Planning, structuring and finance for LNG terminal and power plant project
- Planning, engineering and project management for renewable energy projects
- Advisory on purchase and sale of manufacturing companies
- Development stage planning for sustainable forestry project
- Identification and evaluation of projects in Vietnam for water infrastructure company
- Project management and feasibility studies for cement plants and other cement sector facilities
- Biomass power plant and synthetic gypsum feasibility studies
- Project management, feasibility studies and complete permit management for cement sector facilities
- Management of full geological surveys
- Claims consultant for major contractor in oilfield sector
Adhi Karya, Alstom Transport, Arsari Group, BUM Desa Indonesia, Bumi Resources, CNOOC, Energi Nusantara Merah Putih, Equis, Freeport Indonesia, Indopipe, Japan Transportation Consultants, Jardines, Jaya Samudra Karunia, Katahira Engineers & Associates, MRT Jakarta, Moya, Indonesia Multi Structure, ODG Indonesia, Pertamina, Perusahan Gas Negara, PTTEP, Sinopec, Tradeasia Group, Trimitra Bayany, UE Sentosa, UPC Indonesia, Worley Parsons