PT Numada is a consulting company based in Jakarta, Indonesia, established as a foreign investment company (PMA) under the Indonesian Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM). Its primary fields of consulting are project management, mergers and acquisitions, project and corporate finance, and corporate and policy consulting.
Numada was originally established as a cement industry consultancy in 2013 with Alan Llewellyn as a founding partner, but has expanded into many other businesses since then. Tom Shreve joined us in 2015 as CEO, bringing his experience in project finance, M&A and capital markets. In 2016, Bret Mattes joined us as Director, bringing his experience in oil & gas, renewable energy and infrastructure. Numada has expanded the scope of its service offerings accordingly.
Numada draws upon a wide range of local knowledge and locally available international expertise, aided by the long experience of its principals in Indonesia. We provide straightforward and objective advice about the practicalities and difficulties of doing business in Indonesia, but always in the context of what is happening elsewhere in the region and around the world, and how and why Indonesia is attractive to investors.
Our operational model is minimalist: we employ a small team of full-time staff while maintaining close access to a wide range of experts from various disciplines and across various business sectors, as well as to additional qualified junior staff who are available to work on a project-by-project basis.
We manage and coordinate projects of all sizes through development, financing and construction to operations and maintenance. We structure and execute major corporate transactions such as capital markets offerings, structured financings, IPOs, and the acquisition or disposal of companies and business lines. All of our work is on a consulting or advisory basis – the client retains full decision-making authority. In circumstances where authority is delegated to Numada, the client always retains full control. We negotiate and draft agreements and contracts of all kinds, produce written reports and recommendations, prospectuses, oral reports and presentations, and progress reports on our project-related activities, in any language. We deliver projects safely, on time and within budget.
Our deep knowledge of Indonesia allows us to advise efficiently and effectively in activities and processes, such as licensing and land acquisition, on compliance with local laws, regulations and practices, and on the procurement of additional services outside our scope of engagement, such as contractors and engineers in the case of project management, and lawyers and bankers in the case of finance and transactions. We connect investors to project developers. Our role is complementary to international consulting engineering firms and international investment banks. We can fill the role of in-house staff in major projects and initiatives when the client is still building its team or is engaged in new activities in which it does not yet have sufficient experience on the ground.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Development Stage and Construction Stage Project Finance
- Project Management
- Capital Markets and Other Fundraising
- Strategic Project Development Advice
- Feasibility and Pre-Feasibility Studies
- Policy Consulting Advice on Local Conditions
- Due Diligence Exercises
- Expert Witness Services
Examples of Recent and Ongoing Projects
- Planning, structuring and finance for LNG terminal and power plant project
- Planning, engineering and project management for renewable energy projects
- Advisory on purchase and sale of manufacturing companies
- Development stage planning for sustainable forestry project
- Identification and evaluation of projects in Vietnam for water infrastructure company
- Project management and feasibility studies for cement plants and other cement sector facilities
- Biomass power plant and synthetic gypsum feasibility studies
- Project management, feasibility studies and complete permit management for cement sector facilities
- Management of full geological surveys
- Claims consultant for major contractor in oilfield sector
Adhi Karya, Alstom Transport, Arsari Group, BUM Desa Indonesia, Bumi Resources, CNOOC, Energi Nusantara Merah Putih, Equis, Freeport Indonesia, Indopipe, Japan Transportation Consultants, Jardines, Jaya Samudra Karunia, Katahira Engineers & Associates, MRT Jakarta, Moya, Indonesia Multi Structure, ODG Indonesia, Pertamina, Perusahan Gas Negara, PTTEP, Sinopec, Tradeasia Group, Trimitra Bayany, UE Sentosa, UPC Indonesia, Worley Parsons